[CentralOH] Python on Ubuntu Question

Bryan Harris brywilharris at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 22:09:15 CET 2011

Unless the global interpreter lock has somehow disappeared, i doubt it has
changed in the last couple years.  Threading can use 1 core or less, as did
most every other python library I tried.  I'd love to be wrong.  try it.

I modified a program of mine to be multithreaded and it got slower - even
on my quad core machine.  Stock python will quite happily run threads on
more than one core, just never 2 at once!

I guess this wasn't really his question, but something worth discussing.