[CentralOH] 西圖書館 道場: Making Tutorial Videos

Thomas Winningham winningham at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 01:04:04 CEST 2011

for hardware accelerated  capture (like the kids use these days) check
out GLC (i don't know if that's mentioned here in these links) ... it
uses OpenGL so in combination with Compiz (optionally on a dedicated X
server) you can get full 60fps

https://github.com/nullkey/glc/wiki/Capture

some of the commands i had saved as an example from when i had a
separate x server, and then connected another compiz wm instance, and
then switched to that x server using this function keys:

capture (DISPLAY should be correct for what you want to do)
glc-capture -g -s compiz --replace

(export to a series of images)
glc-play ./compiz-21933-0.glc -p 1 -o compiz%010d.png

(render into video)
ffmpeg -r 30 -sameq -i compiz%10d.png final.mp4

This is really the sweetest way, there's also one called "yukon" ...
I'm not sure about Mac options, Display Postscript is fairly locked
down, you may need a scan converter or live with the stuttering of
traditional options?

the above was used to produce:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9joBLOZVEo