[CentralOH] Puppet v Fabric

Morgan Goose morgan.goose at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 20:48:55 CEST 2011

They aren't really the same. Puppet is a config management tool,
Fabric is a python wrapper/api to ssh. So you can look at it as Puppet
is more about control, and Fabric is more to do with interaction. That
doesn't mean though that there aren't people using Fabric like Puppet,
but I think you'll also rarely find the reverse.

I can give a more general rundown if you like, but just a quick look
at both project's tutorials and some docs should suffice to see the
different use cases.

- goose