[CentralOH] Python + Open/Libre Office

Eric Floehr eric at intellovations.com
Mon Feb 27 20:52:06 CET 2012

Hi Joshua,

That's pretty cool!  I didn't know OpenOffice/LibreOffice had such a robust
Python interface.  I can see that making it very easy to automate tasks or
build spreadsheets.  I know there are a few members of the group who have
used Python to populate MSOffice documents, but it seemed to me it wasn't
nearly as straight-forward as your script.

I know it's been a while since you sent this... I have been very bad at
keeping up with email this winter :-(.  If you've made some improvements,
I'd love to see them as I'm sure others would as well.  Also, if you want,
I'm sure people would be interested in learning about the OpenOffice
interface and what it can do... either a lightning talk or full talk at a
future Python group meeting would be welcomed.

The only specific comment I have is that you don't need all those "pass"
statements.  Are you using them for your own benefit to help you with
visualizing the code blocks?

Best Regards,
Eric