[CentralOH] Most important Python techniques?

Jay Shaffstall jshaffstall at gmail.com
Tue May 15 19:31:35 CEST 2012

Hi all,

We're experimenting with offering our Computer Science I class in
Python rather than Java next year at Muskingum University.  I'm super
excited, because I don't get enough opportunity to play in Python and
this gives me a great excuse.  I also think students will be able to
get to do more fun stuff than we could in Java.

I'd like to get suggestions from people who know Python better than I
do about the most important Pythonic techniques to learn.  Keep in
mind I only have one semester, so there will be a limit to what I can
do.  But if you were teaching someone new to Python, what would you
make sure you taught them above all else?

Thanks in advance,
Jay