[CentralOH] Most important Python techniques?

Brian Costlow brian.costlow at gmail.com
Tue May 15 19:59:18 CEST 2012

Jay,

As someone with a physics background who self-taught himself to program,
SICP was pretty invaluable.

While you want the students to write Pythonically, that is use the
preferred language idioms, a grasp of CS basics is, I think, more important
to take away from a CS 1 course.

MIT replaced their old SICP/Scheme-based CS Intro course with a similar
Python based one, and that course is mostly replicated as part of MIT's OCW
offering.

You might want to take a look there as inspiration.

http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/electrical-engineering-and-computer-science/6-00sc-introduction-to-computer-science-and-programming-spring-2011/