[CentralOH] How To Present: Learning from Columbus Code Camp Presenters

jep200404 at columbus.rr.com jep200404 at columbus.rr.com
Mon Oct 15 18:49:08 CEST 2012

At least two Pythonistas presented at Columbus Code Camp[1].
One of them arrived without a needed piece of equipment and was
scrambling on a work around. Another said that my guidelines
have changed how he judges others' presentations.

I'd like to hear their comments about how to present at the next
CohPy meeting. It would be good to hear how well my guidelines[2]
worked, what the errors and omissions[3] there are, and which
things were helpful and reinforced by experience.

[1] http://columbuscodecamp.com/
[2] http://mail.python.org/pipermail/centraloh/2012-July/001336.html
    http://mail.python.org/pipermail/centraloh/2012-July/001337.html

[3] I think I should add a note about using checklists of
    stuff to bring and things to do.

    I need to publish the guidelines about content:

    Should be easily viewed from last row

        24 * 80 is about max to display

        Need high contrast

            Good: black on white and white on black