[CentralOH] CodeMash has a bit of Python content this year

Brandon Rhodes brandon at rhodesmill.org
Tue Oct 23 21:24:59 CEST 2012

In case it interests any of you central-Ohioans, I thought I'd mention
that my proposal has been accepted, and that I will be giving one of the
three Python talks at this year's CodeMash conference:

http://codemash.org/sessions?technology=Python

CodeMash is heavy on C#, Java, and Ruby, so I love that Python gets a
bit of attention there each year. It is a community-run conference -
which seems quite a novelty in the C# and Java communities; attendees
walk around almost in shock that the talks are not all vendor screeds
about development tools for sale - and it's a fun place to find out what
people in other languages have been up to, and what they like
accomplishing in *their* favorite language. And water park resorts are
just fun places to be in January as the snow swirls and drifts outside.

Anyway, tickets go on sale tomorrow, and are expected to sell out within
a few minutes:

https://twitter.com/brianhprince/status/260746040121114624

So I thought I would mention it while there was still time for any of
you who are curious to go read about the conference, and see if it would
interest you. It should be within driving distance for all of you, which
might make it attractive; but, of course, if you can afford only one
late-winter conference, I very much recommend that you choose PyCon in
March instead!

--
Brandon Rhodes      brandon at rhodesmill.org      http://rhodesmill.org/brandon