[CentralOH] COhPy website

Eric Floehr eric at intellovations.com
Mon Apr 22 22:03:54 CEST 2013

Right now, COhPy.org redirects to the meetup page. There was some talk at a
few of the previous meetings about building an actual web app (in Python of
course :-). I just wanted to share something from the Python group
organizers link that might be of interest.

The Kansas City group is still using meetup, but is using the API and
hosting on gondor.io (same place used by PyOhio.org) a custom web app. Here
is the original newsgroup email:

I'm Juan from Kansas City and you're right that we do use the meetup API to
pull information from meetup.com and display it in our website.

You can take a look at our website here: http://pythonkc.com/

and the source code for the website is here: https://github.com/pythonkc/**
pythonkc.com <https://github.com/pythonkc/pythonkc.com>

We host the website on Gondor (https://gondor.io/) so there's some Gondor
specific stuff in the code, but you can modify it to re-use it on any
hosting provider.

Hope this help and I'd be glad to answer any other questions you might have.