[CentralOH] COhPy website

Austin Godber godber at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 22:37:03 CEST 2013

Hi Guys,

I thought I'd add another take on this whole Python Group Website.  I am
slowly building a Python group in Phoenix (where I moved to after leaving
the Columbus area) and I am going to take the static site route.  The
allows me to host the site entirely on github.  This combination has the
following benefits:

* Static sites are portable and reliable
* Dynamic components can be added in iframes or via javascript
* Anyone can contribute via a pull request or even a patch.
* Contributors gain experience using git source control

At this point, I don't have much.  Just a stub site: http://desertpy.com.
 I am adding a presentation site, for static HTML presentations, as well:

http://presentations.desertpy.com/fabric-godber/

I haven't made an index page and that presentation is not yet done.  I
think I will be using pelican (http://docs.getpelican.com/en/3.1.1/) for
site generation.

https://github.com/desertpy/desertpy-pelican
https://github.com/desertpy/presentations