[CentralOH] Screen Scraping Presentation

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Tue Dec 10 23:51:16 CET 2013

On Tue, 10 Dec 2013, jep200404 at columbus.rr.com wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 17:09:26 -0500, Thomas Winningham <winningham at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Is lxml or pyquery what should be talked about instead of beautiful soup? i
> > know lxml has a beautiful soup mode, but CSS3 selectors are so very nice.
>
> Please give a presentation on other ways of screen scraping
> (that might even be better).

I was thinking that an optically based OpenCV and the
online-poker venues seemed like a natural fit (compared to the
bloodless Soduku).  The operators of those sites use clients
that try to keep away robo-players ... but ... if one can work
across an air-gap, they wil not be able to stop that

-- Russ herrold