[CentralOH] Former COhPy alumni news: PyCon Taiwan 2013

Yung-Yu Chen yyc at solvcon.net
Sun Jan 27 11:05:16 CET 2013

Hi Catherine,

On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 3:08 AM, Catherine Devlin <
catherine.devlin at gmail.com> wrote:

> "PyCon Taiwan"?  I thought it was going to be called "PyOhio: Pacific"!

Well, no kidding, in 2014 we want to host PyCon Asia Pacific in Taiwan!
 PyCon APAC has been hosted by Singaporean Pythonistas, but this year it's
going to be in Japan, and next year in Taiwan.  We are very happy to see
the international collaborations on community works.

And, a Buckeye session in PyCon APAC sounds like a good idea! :)

> Congratulations, Yung-Yu!  I remember talking to you at your last PyOhio
> here, when all this was still just plans in your head.  I'm so glad to see
> you've brought it to fruition!  It looks great!

Thanks!  My years in Columbus helped me so much in coordinating a Python
community.  It's such a privilege to know many people serious to
information technologies and advanced programming.  Python is definitely an
important thing in the future.  I really don't want to miss it.

with regards,
Yung-Yu Chen

> --
> - Catherine