[CentralOH] Django Application Deployment and Production Delivery

Thomas Winningham winningham at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 21:30:35 CEST 2013

I can answer a couple of things:

1. Check out UWSGI (or micro wsgi) ... a lot of fun! You could
reverse-proxy it behind Apache or Nginx  for instance. I guess I'm thinking
of this the way IHS & WebSphere work, but I'm more familiar with that
(Java) type of stuff, so ignore this rabbit hole possibly.

2. For automation of deployments and such try Fabric or Ansible. I have
some Fabric stuff, but I'm converting it to Ansible I think soon.

3. There are Python GIT stuff that is developing and exciting, but you can
do all that with #2, and I do.

I also like Nose for testing, or at least I did when I did TDD, and having
taskbar notifications of pass/fail upon saving was a very cool feature.

Hope this helps, and I'll definitely be reading other replies myself too :D