[CentralOH] Help for a newbie......

Brian Costlow brian.costlow at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 21:14:27 CEST 2013

Hi Richard,

Welcome!

First, I'm not sure I completely understand the question you are asking.

Do you want your python program itself to connect to that URL, and display
the okay dialog?

Or are you trying to use Python to script a browser (Firefox, Chrome, IE)
so the browser connects to the URL and hits okay on a dialog displayed in
the browser?

If the latter, I suggest you look into a web test application, like
selenium. You can script it in Python (or a number of other languages) and
use it to automate browsers.

http://docs.seleniumhq.org/

If the former, you'll need to work out how to connect to the URL and get
data. I suggest looking into the Requests library.

http://docs.python-requests.org/en/latest/

Then you'll need to work on a GUI. There are a number of possible choices,
though PyQt and TkInter seem to get talked about the most.

http://wiki.python.org/moin/GuiProgramming

Trying to give this level of help on the mailing list is tough. You might
want to bring your code to a dojo for help. Or get started and ask a more
specific question.

You can go here to find dojos, the next one is this Friday.
http://cohpy.org

--Brian