[CentralOH] Socket library for Python 2.7?

Mark Aufdencamp mark at aufdencamp.com
Mon May 6 03:12:17 CEST 2013

Hi Brandon,

I watched the video this afternoon that JEP posted on Guido van Rossum's
Keynote at Pycon 2013.  He's working on a library called Tulip to be
added as a reference implementation to the standard library for Async
IO.  It's meant to be capable of wrapping other event managers like
twisted and gevent.  He specifically mentions the wrapped Socket methods
in Tulip.  It sounds like its still pretty fresh, but the future.

A quick look at the Tulip PEP http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-3156/
specificly references not using the socket wrappers, in favor of using
the transport/protocols.  Sounds like you might be interested in
checking out the Tulip Stream Protocols.

Hope my two cents was worth something.

Mark Aufdencamp
Mark at Aufdencamp.com