[CentralOH] Reminder: May COhPy meeting, May 20th at The Forge

Brian Costlow brian.costlow at gmail.com
Wed May 8 23:27:12 CEST 2013

Our meeting will once again be at The Forge by Pillar, location details
available at http://pyohio.org

We're trying something new at this month's meeting, which is to ask
everybody to actively participate.

Come prepared to lead us through one of the shorter code katas, except in
python.

http://codekata.pragprog.com/

Or do a koan (adapted to Python by COhPy member Greg Malcolm).

https://github.com/gregmalcolm/python_koans/wiki

Or give a Lightning Talk.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightning_talk

Lightning talks don't have to be strictly technical. You can describe
something cool you are doing with Python (the what instead of the how). If
you're new to Python, you can talk about what attracted you to the
language. Or you can advocate for something you think we should be doing.

Afterwards, I'm going to blatantly steal an idea from DJ Daugherty's Grails
Meetup, and have the group work on topics for future meetings.

Look for the 'Post-Meeting Hangout' to get published on the Meetup site in
the next day or two.

--Brian