[CentralOH] Interating Over string.uppercase; Lorem Ipsum

jep200404 at columbus.rr.com jep200404 at columbus.rr.com
Mon Nov 11 17:29:10 CET 2013

On Mon, 11 Nov 2013 10:55:32 -0500, William McVey <wam at cisco.com> wrote:

> [I've reorganized your reply to my mail for clarity in the answer]

That's standard procedure for me.

> On 11/11/2013 10:29 AM, jep200404 at columbus.rr.com wrote:
> > I want to get a letter that is i greater than 'A',
> > while iterating over arbitrary iterable.

> What happens if your iterable is longer than the number of letters[?]

Then the program should crash,
so string.uppercase[i] would be just fine.

If we needed to support more than 26 entities,
I'd ask to use numbers instead of letters.

>      >>> lorem_words=...

Hmmm. Is there a module for such?
Check out https://pypi.python.org/pypi/loremipsum
Python's libraries continue to impress me.

http://baconipsum.com/?paras=5&type=all-meat&start-with-lorem=1
http://veggieipsum.com/
http://veganipsum.com/
http://tunaipsum.com/?paragraphs=5

>      >>> lorem_words=""""Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur ...

Maybe you meant '"""', not '""""'.