[CentralOH] PyCon 2015 Call for Proposals is open!

Brian Curtin brian at python.org
Thu Aug 14 04:57:52 CEST 2014

Hi Central OH Python Users!

The PyCon organizers invite you to submit proposals for talks, tutorials, and posters to be presented at PyCon 2015 - https://us.pycon.org/2015/. The conference takes place April 8-16 in Montreal, Queubec, Canada and we'll be accepting talk and tutorial proposals through September 15, with posters accepted through November 1!

We want everyone to be a part of making PyCon what it is, which is why we invite everyone to submit proposals, and we invite everyone to be a part of the program committee. It's your PyCon, not mine. Whether you started with Python yesterday or you've been writing it since the 90s, everyone has different experiences, different knowledge, and a different story to tell. This is why we aim to strike a balance between beginner, intermediate, and advanced talks. We want the entire community to level up as a result of PyCon.

Over the years, we've put together proposal resources and advice to help answer some common topics surrounding our CFP (https://us.pycon.org/2015/speaking/proposal-resources/). We even put together a sample proposal and reviewed it for you at https://us.pycon.org/2015/speaking/proposal_advice/samples/SpacePug/. If you have any questions or tips that may help others, please email them to pycon-pc at python.org, or feel free to respond and I'll help you out.

The full details of our Call for Proposals are available at https://us.pycon.org/2015/speaking/cfp/. Keep an eye on that page as well as https://twitter.com/pycon and http://pycon.blogspot.com/ for details about ticket sales, financial aid, and more PyCon news!

Thanks for your time!

Brian Curtin, brian at python.org
Publicity Coordinator, PyCon 2015