[CentralOH] Out of commission for a while.

Thomas Winningham winningham at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 03:53:27 CET 2014

For I've had a couple of issues, and I'll try to summarize them:

1. Ulnar nerve ... this is the nerve that runs along the outer part of your
arm into your hand and pinky. I think a combination of alt-tab, ctrl+x/c/v,
shift, etc... and generally leaning on to my left side, can cause this to
be rather numb and unsettling feeling. Basically I try not to lean, but it
is something of a chronic habit, and gets worse the more deeply i try to
think and ignore my posture.

2. General stress... this is going to sound rather like malarkey, but I
swear it is true and has helped me quite a bit. In response to stress in
general, it is believed your body can manifest pain on its own in order to
be distracted from the concentration you're putting on your stress. So its
not like the pain is entirely in your head, it is real, but it can be a
sort of reaction to persistence of being stressed, even stressed about the
pain you're feeling, etc. Anyway, since I've read about that somewhere,
I've tried to take more breaks, mentally and physically, and sort of
"reset" just in general more often. This has helped.

I'm sure also if I exercised more things would be better, too, but between
these two things for me, and trying to think about it all a little more and
keep reading, I feel like I'm in a better place than I have been for
several years with it all.