[CentralOH] Corporate Python Positions with The Scotts Miracle-Gro

Hammond, Laura laura.hammond at scotts.com
Thu Feb 13 16:04:14 CET 2014

Good Morning!

Thank you so much for letting me be a part of your Meetup group.  I have
some really cool jobs open within our Business Transformation group,
focused on emerging technologies.  At Scotts, we primarily use the Google
App Engine for building and deploying.

As users, the company uses Google Mail, Google Calendar and Hangouts
instead of Skyping, and this idea was brought to life by our Emerging
Technology team who has the greatest job in the world by being able to
build and "play" with ideas all day.

We need more people who want to bring their creativity to our company, and
we are ready to fill these jobs now.  I have three open jobs, and I'll give
a brief overview for each, then direct you straight to the job description
on our Careers page.

1.)    Web App Developer (Sr. Analyst, Emerging Technology) - I have 2 open
positions with this one.  I need someone curious and excited about keeping
up with the latest and greatest technologies, and of course, someone who is
technically sound.  Don't let the title of Sr. Analyst confuse you.  This
is a developer position. Web App experience is a must  Someone with a
strong hands-on history with Java, Python or PHP is what we need...Python
being the ideal language, as we already have a Python guru working on our
team, and he's had amazing success.  We literally want someone who would be
programming even if they didn't get paid for it - that's the passion we
want.  Please see the job description and application below:

*Web Application Developer (Sr. Analyst, Emerging Technology)*

https://scotts.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=228860&lang=en&sns_id=

2.)    Web Application Developer (Sr. Analyst, Sales Support) - I have one
position open with this team, but they are rapidly expanding.  This
individual will be supporting our Sales team technology.  Experience
developing on the Google App Engine will be an automatic win for this
spot.  That's a huge plus.  The team is currently developing a retail
execution tool for Sales Managers, who we have out in the field.  We also
have an eCommerce platform being created for our European division.  Heavy
Java or Python is crucial.  Take a look below:

*Web Developer (Sr. Analyst, Sales Support)*

https://scotts.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=230920&lang=en&sns_id=

Thanks again for your assistance and fostering the amazing technical talent
we have in Central Ohio!!  I'm looking forward to working with you all!!

--
*Laura Hammond*
Recruiter - Talent Acquisition

*Join Our Talent Network