[CentralOH] 2014-01-17 道場 Scribbles 落書/惡文? Much more

Erik Welch erik.n.welch at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 18:38:38 CET 2014

I have a few comments on the word counting example.  First, it is possible
to view the referenced iPython notebooks online from
http://nbviewer.ipython.org/ .  See the notebook here:

http://nbviewer.ipython.org/url/colug.net/python/dojo/20140117/word-count-example-rev2.ipynb?create=1

Second, there have been somewhat recent blog posts using word counting as
an example.  The first compares a verbose solution with simple terms to
concise solutions with complex terms:

http://matthewrocklin.com/blog/work/2013/11/15/Functional-Wordcount/

A newer blog post looks at the performance of Python and other languages
for a specific text processing task:

http://matthewrocklin.com/blog/work/2014/01/13/Text-Benchmarks/

Finally, to learn more about functional data analysis in Python, here is a
video tutorial from the same author as the above posts (and it uses the
`toolz` library, although the talk isn't strictly about `toolz`):

http://vimeo.com/80096814

Cheers,
Erik