[CentralOH] 10 Reasons to Learn and Use Regular Expressions (From Flagrant Badassery)

Eric Floehr eric at intellovations.com
Tue Jan 21 20:13:29 CET 2014

Related, I was filling out a web form and entered my phone number as a
sequence of 10 digits, ala: 6145551212

It returned with an error saying I must enter my phone number in the form

Are you serious? In this day and age, there is no excuse for that. That's
what computers are GOOD at.

If you'd like to stretch your regex muscle, build a regex that allows for
any number of phone number formats, including optional 1.  Of course you
could also Google it :-).