[CentralOH] Jupyter vs IPython Notebook

James Bonanno james at atlantixeng.com
Tue Apr 14 17:57:32 CEST 2015

I have found that installing IPython notebook from GitHub fails. After
some discovery process time, I realized that there is actually a Jupyter
repo on GitHub now. I cloned and installed that, and also did some pip3
installs into my Python3 dist-packages to get everything congruent.

I know some people that tried to run my CythonBootstrap.ipynb had some
difficulties installing; the maintainers of IPython/Jupyter are in the
midst of the "big split" right now.

After all the installation, here is what I get in terms of kernel
information:

Python 3.4.0 (default, Apr 11 2014, 13:05:11)
[GCC 4.8.2]

So, I am now in the domain of using Python3 for my apps .... because I
use IPython and notebook so much.

-James