[CentralOH] Data Science with Python -- Friday, May 1

Catherine Devlin catherine.devlin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 17:27:57 CEST 2015

Python?  Data?  Naturally, I'm going.  I live in Brookville, slightly west
of Dayton on I-70.  If anybody from CMH wants to, we could meet up at an
exit 21 business and carpool from there.

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 10:33 AM, Eric Floehr <eric at intellovations.com>
wrote:

> Anyone from COhPy want to go?
>
> ----------------------------------
>
> On Friday, May 1st, IndyPy will explore “Data Science with Python” as part
> of our quarterly Pythology Lecture Series.
>
> Python has a robust ecosystem of tools and is quickly becoming the go-to
> programming language for Data Science applications. In fact, over the past
> year Python has succeeded in overtaking R in big data jobs (see stats at
> http://bit.ly/1NEaURU­). On May 1st, Python developers will gain insight
> into what it looks like to leverage real world Python applications for use
> in projects that use Big Data. Speakers include Sean Mooney, Chief Research
> Information Officer at the University of Washington Medicine, and Tyler
> Foxworthy, Chief Data Scientist at KSM Consulting, among others.
> Presentations will cover Spark, Python pandas, graph theory, extracting
> data, visualization tools, etc.
>
> The Eleven Fifty Coding Academy has graciously offered to host us at their
> amazing venue in Carmel, Scott Jones’s mansion, an award-winning house that
> was built to include cutting-edge technology while still maintaining an
> English country manor house look and feel.
>
> Join us for this focused day of Python, meet fellow Pythoneers, and
> advance your knowledge while working with Data Science applications.
>
> IMPORTANT: COhPy members get a $20 discount - Use code INDYPY20 when
> registering at
>
> https://www.eventbrite.com/e/pythology-lecture-series-data-science-with-python-tickets-15920135554

- Catherine
http://catherinedevlin.blogspot.com