[CentralOH] Looking for Talks for October

Mark Aufdencamp mark at aufdencamp.com
Sat Oct 10 00:41:24 CEST 2015

I'll do one Eric.  "Web 3.0 - Asynchronous Messaging"

I've been working with async messaging utilizing ActiveMQ and STOMP.  I
have a Cordova/Web application that utilizes STOMP over WebSockets in
conjunction with a Python end point that I've developed.  The Python end
point is a daemon with a stomp listener that serves as a framework for
dynamically loading controllers.  The controllers register message tasks
with associated controller method that they respond to.  The listener
then directs received messages to the appropriate controller handler.
The messages are JSON objects embedded as the body element of the stomp
message.

I have an initial PeerRegistration/PeerList controller that maintains a
stateful map of clients and thier individual message queues.  All of
this allows the cordova/web app to send a registration message on start
up, and recieve a list asynchronously of registered peers.  When a peer
leaves or enters, all the peers receceive a peer list broadcast.  The
clients then have knowledge of each other and are able to send messages
to other peers asynchronously.

Currenty I'm just sending text messages embedded in JSON and have a
decent demo of this working.  Future plans include injection of image,
audio, and video content via URL embedded in the JSON message.  This
could also be utilized to inject JavaScript into the client.  Another
potential use would be to create controllers that might do things like
process datasets with Pandas or utilize Pythons GIS processing and link
it to the enterprise message bus (JMS), thereby making Python a first
class enterprise language.

Mark Aufdencamp
Mark at Aufdencamp.com