[CentralOH] plot.ly

Erik Welch erik.n.welch at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 13:45:42 EDT 2016

+1 for Bokeh.  Seaborn is another popular choice for creating static plots.

It has a few different interfaces that make trade-offs between convenience
and customizability, which may seem overwhelming to new users.  I recommend
watching a tutorial to start learning Bokeh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwnb_o0UORM&index=4&list=PLGB9meziqbzr6sEJ6lScTBMGYTWUGS-e_

If you want to learn more about colormaps and matplotlib's new default,
viridis, watch the video here:

http://matplotlib.org/style_changes.html

Full disclosure: I work for Continuum Analytics, which supports the primary
developers behind Bokeh.

Cheers,
Erik