[CentralOH] 2016-03-09 Napkin Scribbles from Aladdin's: Raspberry Pi 3 B; BCM43438, chip antenna, novel, rosin flux

jep200404 at columbus.rr.com jep200404 at columbus.rr.com
Thu Mar 17 10:49:01 EDT 2016

A Raspberry Pi 3 was at lunch.
Python is the main language promoted on Raspberry Pis.

U19 looks like bare die
has tiny markings that were too small for my eyes to see
Viewed at the right angle With the right light at the right angle,
sharp lettering is revealed.

    BROADCOM <R>
    BCM43438KUBG
    HE1601 P11
    SG0253-24 3E
    27-74

It is the the RF chip that does Wifi and Bluetooth.
Maybe it has FM receiver support, but that is not used.
Looking at the top side of the board with the display connector to the left,
the antenna is above the display connector.
I am impressed with how well the tiny antenna works.

Maybe the RF chip uses SDIO (secure digital input output).

U8 on top side near HDMI connector seems to be bare die.

Noticed residue on bottom by through hole-parts.
Is the residue from rosin flux?

Make a visual novel with Python
http://www.linuxuser.co.uk/tutorials/make-a-visual-novel-with-python