[CentralOH] 2017-04-24 會議 Scribbles 落書/惡文?: Max Morlocke: Practical Security Overview; Jim Prior: LBYL v EAFP;

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Wed Apr 26 12:25:28 EDT 2017

On Tue, 25 Apr 2017, jep200404 at columbus.rr.com wrote:

> Is bdist_rpm seriously broken in Python3?
> Where does bdist_rpm come from?

> I wonder about bdist_rpm2 command of pypi2rpm.
> https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pypi2rpm

as to the latter:
[herrold at centos-7 python]$ git clone
https://bitbucket.org/tarek/pypi2rpm
Cloning into 'pypi2rpm'...
remote: Not Found
fatal: repository 'https://bitbucket.org/tarek/pypi2rpm/' not
found

... there is a tarball which I snagged a copy of, and will
take a look later

-------------------------

I suspect bdist_rpm comes from the distutils

see Pythonic doco at:
	https://docs.python.org/3/distutils/builtdist.html#creating-rpm-packages

I'd post the code, but I am trying to figure out the CLI
method to create a new remote archive path at GitHub to which
I can push it.  I have a script addressing, and for me,
solving the bdist_rpm issues, and integrating with my RPM
packaging build and maintenance systems

Jim was interested in what a 'private archive' looks like at
GitHub ... the Interactive Brokers API one is such, which I
have cloned.  The GUI shows this and 'inherits' the ACL

	http://gallery.herrold.com/stuff/github-private.png

I assume it is also restricted to being inadvertently exposed
in the other methods of access

-- Russ herrold