[CentralOH] 2017-08-03 道場 Scribbles 落書/惡文? punt to mezzanine; primes; generators -> pipes; iter_date; lru_cache; scikit-learn

jep200404 at columbus.rr.com jep200404 at columbus.rr.com
Fri Aug 4 09:50:20 EDT 2017

7 folks tonight, even with power outage

Smokehouse Brewing Company (SBC) (and other nearby businesses) were closed due
to power outage so we punted to mezzanine of Giant Eagle Market District at 840
West Third Avenue. We taped a sign on the door of SBC about the situation and
where we were going to. We were pleasantly surprised that three folks were able
to follow it. The mezzanine worked out well. The wifi was far better than at
SBC and probably better than Panera. Plenty of food and beverage choices from
ground floor.

leaders eat last
http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/311389/leaders-eat-last-by-simon-sinek/9781591848011/

pandas

revisiting primes
    wrote for readability, not speed
http://nbviewer.jupyter.org/github/james-prior/cohpy/blob/master/20170720-dojo-primes-revisited.ipynb

nested generators pipe

    http://nbviewer.jupyter.org/github/cohpy/challenge-201605-generators/blob/master/james-prior/8-nested-generators-20160626-1920.ipynb

http://nbviewer.jupyter.org/github/cohpy/challenge-201605-generators/blob/master/james-prior/7-iter_date-revisited.ipynb

Use functools.lru_cache instead of my memoize

    http://nbviewer.jupyter.org/github/james-prior/cohpy/blob/master/20150223-cohpy-memoization.ipynb

three folks interested in scikit-learn

scikit-learn
    http://scikit-learn.org/stable/index.html