[CentralOH] 2017-12-11 December Technical Meeting Announcement: Test Driven Development (TDD)

jep200404 at columbus.rr.com jep200404 at columbus.rr.com
Wed Dec 6 14:38:29 EST 2017

December Technical Meeting Announcement

December 11, 2017, 6:00 p.m.

18:00 Pillar Technology's 'The Forge'[1] at the Smith Brothers'
Hardware Building

20:00 Brazenhead Irish Pub[2]

Come and learn, share, grow, meet new people, and visit old
friends at our monthly meeting! We'll be talking about the
Python programming language and anything that intersects it,
and the cool stuff you can do with it.

This month Jim Prior will give a presentation on Test
Driven Development (TDD) with pytest[3]. It will be very
interactive with much audience participation. It will start
with tdd-demo[4] and then start over from scratch for some
simple program. Friends don't let friends use unittest[5].

This is the first time we will have a technical meeting in
December. This technical meeting is in addition to the
2017-12-04 social meeting. It is on the second Monday to
avoid conflicts with Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's
Day.

Thanks much to Pillar and Christoph for hosting us.

Later, around 8pm, we will go to Brazenhead Irish Pub on
Fifth Ave for more socializing, food, and beverages.

[1] Pillar Technology's 'The Forge'
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/32866361#map=17/39.97482/-82.99765

[2] Brazenhead
    http://www.hdrestaurants.com/brazenhead/5thavenue/
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/506852587

[3] https://docs.pytest.org/en/latest/

[4] https://github.com/james-prior/tdd-demo
    Please review and submit issues and/or pull requests.

[5] https://docs.python.org/3/library/unittest.html