[CentralOH] 2017-12-11 會議 Scribbles 落書/惡文?: Test Driven Development

jep200404 at columbus.rr.com jep200404 at columbus.rr.com
Mon Dec 18 15:13:03 EST 2017

Thanks to Pillar and Christoph for their generous hospitality.
There was plenty of pizza and beverages for everyone.

We had our first ever December technical meeting.
Even though the meeting was announced only five days before the meeting,
we had at least a couple dozen folks.

Jim Prior gave an introduction to test driven development.
It started out slow, but after the prerequisites were covered,
it picked up and became very interactive as hoped
with the tests and code coming from the audience.
There were disagreements and misunderstandings which led to real learning.
Thanks to everybody to participated.
Neil Ludban's contribution still has me thinking about what the
most readable code is. Who is the audience? A novice or Pythonista?

    return output or str(n)

Thanks to John Cassidy for operating the computer.

The code is on the 20171211-fizzbuzz branch:

    https://github.com/james-prior/tdd-demo/tree/20171211-fizzbuzz

---

https://github.com/james-prior/tdd-demo/tree/master

    too coarse: does too much in one big step

following have better granularity:

    https://github.com/james-prior/20171207-dojo-fizzbuzz-pair-programming-practice
    https://github.com/james-prior/pillar-kata-roman-numeral-calculator/

Test Driven Development: By Example by Kent Beck
examples are not in Python

Test-Drive Development with Python
by Harry J.W. Percival
Obey the Testing Goat: Using Django, Selenium, and Javascript
uses unittest, not pytest