[CentralOH] COhPy Talks Needed!

Max kedlav at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 22:33:53 EST 2017

Hi Eric,

    I recently moved back to Columbus from Austin where I've been plying my
trade for the last 7 years.  I'd be happy to give talks on the following
topics:

* Web Security (1hr) - understanding common vulnerabilities and how to
prevent them with practical python examples
* Web Security and Design (30m): Using good design and great tools to
influence positive user behavior with practical python examples
* Test Automation: Learnings from 0 tests to zero defects (1hr) - How I
went about booting test automation in two organizations from single digit
tests on multimillion line codebases to zero defects, again with practical
python examples
* Memory Leaks Troubleshooting (15m): How to fight memory leaks on linux
with python
* Stretching the Django ORM (1hr): How to best use the django orm to have
great reusability, thorough testing, and scale to hundreds of millions of
record tables with no DBA.
* Introduction to monitoring Python apps from the inside (30m): How to use
tools like basic tools like pghero and opbeat/sentry to get ahead of the
game, statsd+graphite and ELK to troubleshoot complex issues at scale
* Dealing with clibs to get to pythonic code (1hr): Practical walkthrough
of how you can take a horrific to use c library like tesseract and build
testable, elegant pythonic code for the rest of the dev team to interact
with.

I've never presented on that last topic, but having recently dealt with
this a few times for processing scans and PDF's, I have a lot of good
examples in source control.  Having just given the memory leaks
troubleshooting presentation to my own team, I'd be happy to share that at
this upcoming or the next session.

Thanks,
Max Morlocke