[CentralOH] More Python stuff, was: cron reg] centos-7.first.owlriver.net> (fwd)

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Thu Mar 30 12:59:07 EDT 2017

More as to meeting with Jim Prior:

I mentioned the IB Python client a moment ago, and part of my
regimen as a developer, is a 'cron' based 'pull' of an
upstream against which I do not have direct commit rights.
This produces an email to me, to see 'what happened on the
overights'

Here is a sample email.  The Pythonic part of merge was one of
which I was aware that had not yet upstreamed, extending a new
feature into the mainline code.  The code itself is kind of a
pretty demonstration of how simple an extension is, in what is
a rather old (over a decade of legacy code to support) and
rather fat and 'hard to get a grip on' codebase [The IB TWS
API is a very complex model, with Pub/Sub, as well as one-off
ad hoc queries, on any of a hundred different trading
exchanges, and literally every security which might be or was
traded in a financial market]

	http://gallery.herrold.com/stuff/ib-ticktype-addition.pdf

=======================
the email:

/home/herrold/bin/IB-git.sh
Thu Mar 30 08:36:01 EDT 2017

>From https://github.com/InteractiveBrokers/tws-api
   0e95f7a..8983f5e  master     -> origin/master
Updating 0e95f7a..8983f5e
Fast-forward
 source/javaclient/com/ib/client/EReader.java         |  2 ++
 source/javaclient/com/ib/controller/AdvisorUtil.java | 10 ++--------
 source/pythonclient/ibapi/client.py                  | 20 ++++++++++++++++++++
 source/pythonclient/ibapi/message.py                 |  1 +
 source/pythonclient/ibapi/server_versions.py         |  3 ++-
Already up-to-date.
>From github.com:herrold/pysystemtrade
 * branch            master     -> FETCH_HEAD
Already up-to-date.
Already up-to-date.