[CentralOH] COhPy: July Monthly Meetup this coming Monday (July 30)

Neil Ludban nludban at columbus.rr.com
Tue Jul 31 09:19:15 EDT 2018

On Tue, 24 Jul 2018 20:38:48 -0400
Eric Floehr <eric at intellovations.com> wrote:
> Neil Ludban will be doing a live getting started demo for
> MicroPython/Circuit Python on an Adafruit board, and some coding exercise
> suggestions if enough people show up with one (Microcenter has (or recently
> had) maybe 10 of each in stock, with the playground on sale).
>
> A version of MicroPython is shipping on a couple adafruit boards (note the
> *express* in the names), both worked for me out of the box with just a USB
> cable attached to a laptop. The playground put a large number of sensors
> and outputs on the PCB, the metro has arduino headers.
>
> Links:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CircuitPython
>
> https://www.adafruit.com/product/3333 (circuit playground *express*)
> https://www.adafruit.com/product/3505 (metro m0 *express*)
>
> https://www.adafruitdaily.com/2018/05/01/metro-m4-express/

Here's the link to Kattni's tutorial given at pyohio:

https://github.com/kattni/pyohio_2018_cp

If you were at pyohio, check your registration bag for the
circuit express card which has a discount code for adafruit.

NeoPixel guide:

https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-neopixel-uberguide/the-magic-of-neopixels