[CentralOH] COhPy June Meeting: Monday, June 25

Eric Floehr eric at intellovations.com
Thu Jun 14 20:29:41 EDT 2018

We have a wonderful trifecta of speakers for our June meeting.

RSVP Here:
https://www.meetup.com/Central-Ohio-Python-Users-Group/events/246491286/

The latest and greatest version of python 3.7 was released June 15. If you
didn't catch the headlines or haven't looked through the new offerings,
don't worry; Andrew Kubera will give a brief overview of some of the new
features you can use today including dataclases, module attributes,
contextvars and more!

Next up is Zak Kohler. Zak will talk about "Using Termux: Creating a first
class Python environment on Android CLI or how I pushed mobile development
too far." So you've tried QPython but it just doesn't feel complete? Not
sure how to "go mobile" as laptops become uselessly obsolete? Whether you
love VIM or not you'll enjoy having the full power of a linux CLI to manage
your Android Python development environment. Combining the Termux package
repo and pip allows installing most packages directly and building many
more from source using clang. Pipenv and git can also be used to
synchronize development between your phone and other environments, and if
you're a vimmer autocomplete is just a few extensions away. Data scientists
will also enjoy the unexpected interactive support.

Finally, John Cassidy will be talking about SymPy. SymPy is a computer
algebra system (CAS) which allows represent objects like: expressions,
equations, functions, and Matrices in Python.  SymPy provides functions for
expanding, simplifying, solving equations, taking derivatives, computing
integrals, etc.  SymPy would be a useful tool in every math and science
class I've ever taken.

Afterwards we'll adjourn to Brazenhead on Fifth to talk further Python!