[CentralOH] cohPy] Python Graph Help

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Thu Mar 1 18:11:22 EST 2018

On Thu, 1 Mar 2018, Eric Floehr wrote:

> It's basically a vertical or horizontal line on some scale, with shaded
> rectangles over parts of it indicating certain things, and a triangle with
> a specific number pointing to that spot on the line.

In financial markets trading one sees such.  They are commonly
referred to as 'candlesticks', as they seem to have 'wicks' up
or down, and then a body, and finally a 'present price'
indication ... also called 'box and whisker' plots

	http://tinyurl.com/y8fmjucd

Formerly I would have sent you to gnuplot.info to see a
sample, which was hosted at SourceForge .. but SourceForge
seems ... to have died ???

http://gnuplot.sourceforge.net/demo/candlesticks.html

undated content:

Sourceforge project sites are currently under maintenance.
Please check back later. We thank you for your patience.

-- Russ herrold