[CentralOH] State of Python Deployment

Erik Welch erik.n.welch at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 13:26:21 EDT 2018

conda constructor is used to build installers such as the Anaconda
distribution, so this probably isn't what you're looking for.

> *(mini)conda + conda env*·         handles binary deps as well
> *·         how to pull package deps from an intranet store?*

I believe what you're looking for is
https://conda.io/docs/user-guide/tasks/create-custom-channels.html .  It is
definitely possible to host conda packages internally and to do so on your
own.  Some organizations do this without the help of Anaconda (the company
I work for).  If you want an enterprise-ready solution and support, then
your company can pay my company Anaconda (businesses cater to other
businesses, and this is a pain point we have solved for many
organizations).  If you want to go it alone, though, the requisite tools
and technologies are freely available.

I'm sure I'm biased, but it sounds to me like your use case is exactly why
conda was created.  There has been lots of good advice on this thread,
though, and Docker and pipenv are also good at what they do.

Good luck!
Erik