[CentralOH] December Meeting Announcement 2020-12-28 Jim Prior Gives Presentation on defaultdict.

Prior, Jim jim.prior at accenture.com
Mon Dec 28 18:02:23 EST 2020

December Meeting

What: December Meeting Announcement: Jim Prior Gives Presentation on defaultdict

When: December 28, 2020, 6:00 p.m.
Who: All interested in Python, from complete beginners to experts
Where: Online at gather.town: https://gather.town/NRsxe91HZKpkM7hk/COhPy

We will be meeting online at Gather<https://gather.town/NRsxe91HZKpkM7hk/COhPy>. Pay attention to the Everyone chat in Gather for guidelines as the meeting progresses.

Jim Prior will give a presentation on defaultdict<https://docs.python.org/3/library/collections.html?highlight=defaultdict%20collections#defaultdict-objects>. When one tries to read a non-existent items in a dictionary, defaultdict automatically creates items. This keeps one from getting KeyErrors, allowing one to simplify code by avoiding the need to test for the existence of an item and initializing it if it does not exist.

Our first ever November monthly meeting after Thanksgiving was such a success that we're going to have a December monthly meeting on 2020-12-28, the Monday after Christmas.

6:00 p.m.: Socialize, eat, and drink (your own food and beverages).

6:30 p.m.: Announcements followed by presentations

8:00 p.m.: Hard Stop for presentations; resume socializing.

Gather<https://gather.town/NRsxe91HZKpkM7hk/COhPy> supports multiple conversations, so it is good for socializing with side conversations. No registration is required to use Gather and there's nothing to install or download to use Gather. The only software you need to use Gather with is a Chrome or Firefox browser. See Gather 101.docx<http://www.cohpy.org/> for details on Gather.

RSVP<https://www.meetup.com/Central-Ohio-Python-Users-Group/events/275397211/>