[CentralOH] Python camp for teens in July

Jay Shaffstall jshaffstall at gmail.com
Sat Feb 22 10:00:39 EST 2020

Hi all,

I'm running a Python camp for teens who've never programmed before the week
of July 13th.  Part of the experience is to have people working with Python
in tech jobs come in and talk to the students.

We'll have a mix of student demographics, and are looking to have a mix of
speaker demographics, too.

If you're interested, feel free to email me privately.  Your obligation
would be to come in during their lunch time and speak to them for about
half an hour about what you do, how you got into technology, why you think
it's cool they're learning Python, etc.  I don't know the exact timing yet.

We're using two different tools to teach them Python programming.  One is
PyPhysicsSandbox, a 2D physics simulation toolkit I wrote, and the other is
Anvil, a framework that makes it easy to write web apps in nothing but
Python.

By the end of the camp students have written a multiuser web app.  For some
of them that'll be little more than a visual prototype, but for others
it'll be a fully functional version 0.1 of something they can continue
working on after the camp.

Jay