[CentralOH] Threading materials?

Bryan Harris brywilharris at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 09:40:52 EST 2021

I also would like any good material on threading in Python.  It's been
a few years since I messed with multithreading in Python, and I'd be
very interested in how things are progressing.  When I first looked
into this, we still had a GIL meaning that standard Python was
effectively single threaded.  I have used pypy to get around this
limitation (and boy did it ever speed things up) but I wonder how much
of this goodness has made its way back into the stock interpreter?
When I was working on this, Python 3 was a "new thing" (and had been
for years, something like ipv6) so it's been a while.  There was a lot
of promising activity, but it was early days.  Please copy me if you
don't post it on the list?

Thanks!
Bryan

Bryan Harris