[CentralOH] Thoughts on Python GUIs?

Diamond-reivich, Jacob J jacobdi at wharton.upenn.edu
Wed May 26 23:29:49 EDT 2021

Hey Everyone!

I am new to the group. I have been using Python for about a year, and my
project that I spent most of my time on is around a spreadsheet
interface for Python.

I really like tools like Bamboolib, pandas profiling, and flux.
Bamboolib and Pandas Profiling allow for easy manipulation of data, and
flux is great for generating graphs and charts.

All these tools share the ability to generate code through a point and
click interface, saving time on writing things out by hand and more so on
having to constantly google syntax. Has anyone ever used tools like these
and found things that they particularly like or dislike? It is a space I am
interested in, and I'd love to hear your thoughts.

The one I am working on, called Mito, provides a spreadsheet front-end that
you can call into any point of your analysis in Jupyter and generates the
equivalent Python for each edit you make.

I'd love to hear thoughts on any of these tools.

Here are links to all of them:

Mito <https://docs.trymito.io/>

<https://lux-api.readthedocs.io/en/latest/>
Lux <https://lux-api.readthedocs.io/en/latest/>