[CentralOH] Python 3.13.0a2

John Cassidy jocassid at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 21:29:49 EST 2023

Out of curiosity,  what package are you trying to install with pip?

IDLE is handy when you're starting with the Python language and it's
standard library.   That said, there are better code editors and usually by
the time someone getting into 3rd party libraries they've moved on to
another editor.

Unfortunately,  I'm not a Mac user, but this looks like a good set of
instructions for getting started on a mac:
https://docs.python.org/3/using/mac.html

If you're in the Columbus area, COHPY (cohpy.org) has informal meetings
(dojos) every Thursday night.  These are a good place to get help with
technical issues.

If you want you can send me an email at jocassid at gmail.com.  If you can let
me know: what package you're trying to install, whether you're new to
Python and/or programming in generals, whether there some tutorial that
you're following, are you familiar with virtual environments (i.e. the venv
module) that would give me a better idea of what you're dealing with.