[Chennaipy] [BangPypers] Do you pin your requirements.txt ?

Saager Mhatre saager.mhatre at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 12:48:19 CEST 2013

On Sep 16, 2013 8:46 AM, "Dhananjay Nene" <dhananjay.nene at gmail.com> wrote:
> let me state that while I pin requirements.txt

To be just a little pedantic here- you pin version of dependencies, not the
entire requirements.txt. Just saying... 'cause, even though I may have
myself used the phrase in previous responses on this thread, I personally
prefer to specify dependencies in setup.py and avoid creating a separate
requirements.txt file. Either approach could very well be put down as a
stylistic difference, but the specific compatibility of these approaches
with different build tools (distutils, setuptools/easy_install,
distribute/pip) makes it significant, IMHO.

Noufal, maybe this could be something to consider exploring in your course.

That said, I can't believe what a wonderful conversation this has turned
into. For the benefit of members outside the overlap, I'm cross posting to
the other python lists with a link to the entire conversation =>
http://bit.ly/16c6Kv8

- d