[Chennaipy] Best ecommerce app: Saleor vs Oscar vs Cartridge: Your opinion please?

Sharmila Gopirajan sharmila.gopirajan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 09:43:50 CET 2014

(Crossposting with redditt)

Hi,
   I'm going to implement my first ecommerce site and I would like to get
your opinion on what is best.  This is going to be a jewellery store with a
few hundred items.  I'm considering the following
   1. Cartridge https://readthedocs.org/projects/cartridge/
   2. Oscar https://readthedocs.org/projects/django-oscar/
   3. Saleor http://getsaleor.com/

   The features that I would like to have are

   1. Custom payment integration. This is for India. so if an indian
payment system is already integrated, that would be a plus.
   2. Product reviews and rating
   3. Product Customization and options
   4. Dynamic filtering categories, like by color, by price, or by any
other factor that we define
   5. anonymous checkout
   6. shipping slips
   7. Intimating user about the status of the order (order confirmed, order
shipped, shipment tracking, shipment delivery)
   8. Promoting related products
   9. Custom shipping rates
   10. Gift cards and discount codes

   Do you have any experience with any of the above frameworks? Which one
will you recommend?