[Chennaipy] Talks for December Meetup

Vijay Kumar vijaykumar at bravegnu.org
Thu Dec 4 02:01:38 CET 2014

Hi Everyone,
We will be meeting on Dec 20th. This time, we are planning to do a
series of lightning talks. Each talk will be about 10 min long. We are
also planning to have more space for discussions. Please reply if you
are interested in giving a talk.

== Lightning Talks

BTW, Lightning talks are a great way to share information. In many
conferences, they are the most sought after sessions, next only to the
keynote. We hope to add more fun to our meetups, through the use of
this presentation format.

== More About Lightning Talks

You can read more about lightning talks at
http://perl.plover.com/lt/lightning-talks.html
http://www.forbes.com/2010/01/14/presentations-pecha-kucha-technology-breakthroughs-oreilly.html

== What can you say in ten minutes?

Here are some suggestions: (Adapted from the above mentioned Perl
page.)

   * Why my favorite module is X.
   * I want to do cool project X. Does anyone want to help?
   * Successful Project: I did project X. It was a success. Here's how you could benefit.
   * Failed Project: I did project X. It was a failure, and here's why.
   * You All Suck: Here's what is wrong with the Python community.
   * Call to Action: Let's all do more of X / less of X.
   * Wouldn't it be cool if X?
   * Someone needs to do X.
   * Why X was a mistake.
   * Why X looks like a mistake, but isn't.
   * What it's like to do X.
   * Here's a useful technique that worked.
   * Here's a technique I thought would be useful but didn't work.
   * Why module X sucks.
   * Comparison of modules X and Y.
   * We should be paying more attention to X.
   * My Favorite Python Feature

== Sign-up

If this has got you interested, please reply, with your talk title,
and a short description.

A meetup has been scheduled at http://www.meetup.com/Chennaipy/
Will update the location once the venue is confirmed.

Regards,
Vijay