[Chennaipy] Python Workshop for Beginners

Arvind Padmanabhan arvindpdmn at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 13:15:11 CET 2014

Thanks a lot for the link to http://www.pythonexpress.in/. It will
prove useful to reach out to more people.

For the Chennai event, we will use doattend for registrations. The
page will be up once I see enough interest in the workshop. Right now
I think less than 5 people are interested. Let's wait for a few more
days.

Someone asked about topics covered in the workshop. We will cover data
types, operators, converters, built-in functions, sorting, searching
and iterators. We will briefly look at file I/O and exceptions without
going into the details. We will NOT cover generators, decorators,
regular expressions, debugging, multi-threading, GUI, databases, web
interfacing or interfacing to C. As can be inferred, the aim is to
cover only the basics and give beginners a good understanding of the
basics. Participants will be given problems to solve and we will
discuss their solutions.

Arvind