[Chennaipy] Talks for the next meetup

Vijay Kumar vijaykumar at bravegnu.org
Wed Apr 22 05:30:44 CEST 2015

On Tuesday 21 April 2015 10:34 PM, Shrayas rajagopal wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 10:28 PM, Gaurav Sehrawat
> <igauravsehrawat at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Suggestion: May be we are just skimming over the talks by having lightning
>> talks. I suggest to have atleast one in-depth in python domain.
>
> +1 to this. I think 1 full length talk would be good.

I am not sure of this. If we want to get down to the details, let's do it
as a workshop. For me, "full length" talks are half cooked. Here are
the problems:

   1. With a large audience, not everybody might be interested in the topic.
   2. Not everybody might have the required background to understand the
      talk.
   3. Not all speakers are proficient, and not many can keep the audience
      attentive throughout.
   4. In general, the attention span of the human brain is only 10-15 min.
      So anything after that is just a waste of time and energy.

With workshops most of these problems are negated.

   1. Only people with interested and the required background attend.
   2. Since workshop will be hands-on and interactive, speaker proficiency
      will be secondary.
   3. The attention span problem will not hit workshops, since it is going
      be hands-on and interactive.

Please feel free to refute.

Regards,
Vijay