[Chennaipy] Please contribute to the Water Logger.

Venkatesh U venkatesh20 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 15:20:44 EST 2015

> Hi Guys,
>
> let me introduce Waterlog. An android application that can be used to
record the water logging information using google maps. I have been reading
recently, post chennai floods, that the chennai corporation does not have
even reliable data about water logging or storm water drains locality wise.
I decided to try building an app that can help gather this information
through crowd sourcing.

> The first version of the water logger application is ready. I am
releasing it to only few people at the moment.  This app currently gets
information regarding waterlogging, captures the gps coordinates and store
it in a backend.  I strongly believe that this data will be of immense help
to city planners.

> To try the app, install the apk from this location. ( please check if the
size is > 3Mb after download, if you get installation issues)

> https://www.dropbox.com/s/87mn6qzghnkf08m/app-debug.apk?dl=0
>
> The backend provides a simple rest api to post the water logging
information. It is developed using python (pyramid) and is hosted in
openshift.com.

> I sincerely request you to try this app, provide feedback. I am inviting
contributions from everyone of you.

> The project is being managed in trello and you can see the the list of
items that can be done to improve the app. Please offer a helping hand if
you can.