[Chennaipy] Need a help to fix my program

Shrinivasan T tshrinivasan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 20:02:04 EST 2015

Hi all,

I am working on ta.wiktionary.org team to help them to upload words and
their meanings automatically.

Wiki has its own syntax and we have for format the text to suit with the
syntax.

Here is a requirement.

There is a text file.
https://github.com/tshrinivasan/tools-for-wiki/blob/master/replace-first-dot/sample-text.txt

We have to replace first DOT . in sentence with #:{{எ.கா}}

Example:

Source : #மிக. பெட்ப நகுகின்றது ({{சீவக.}} 1662)
Replace as :  #மிக #:{{எ.கா}} பெட்ப நகுகின்றது ({{சீவக.}} 1662)

Only the first . should be replaced.
Not the DOTs inside the ({ })

#நண்பர்   ({{சூடா.}}) #விரம்பியவர். பேணாது பெட்டார் ({{குறள்.}} 1178)

This line should be left as it is.

There are several hundreds of lines like this.

I am trying something.
Here is the code
https://github.com/tshrinivasan/tools-for-wiki/blob/master/replace-first-dot/replace-first-dot.py

But, I cant work on this as I am in travel for few days.

Can anyone take this and help to give a solution?

There are many such tasks for tamil wikipedia.
Write to me if you are interested to contribute.

Thanks.

--
Regards,
T.Shrinivasan

My Life with GNU/Linux : http://goinggnu.wordpress.com
Free E-Magazine on Free Open Source Software in Tamil : http://kaniyam.com

Get Free Tamil Ebooks for Android, iOS, Kindle, Computer :
http://FreeTamilEbooks.com