[Chennaipy] Talks for the next Meetup

Shrayas rajagopal shrayasr at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 04:38:58 CET 2015

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 6:41 PM, Shrikant Giridhar
<shrikantgiridhar at gmail.com> wrote:
> This one's for the wishlist: a little of Python's internals (the VM
> architecture or the bytecode implementation or ..).
>
> I have often wondered how Python works the way it does. To look behind the
> curtains and see how it achieved its power, portability and readability
> sounds fascinating and I suspect the details of the design of language are
> likely to be as interesting as the language itself.
>
> I really hope to see somebody speak about it in a brief (TED-style) talk at
> a future meetup.
>
> Just putting it out there for someone looking for some inspiration (and
> considerable work).

+1. Would be super cool.

I was looking through our mail archives and saw that Vijay had spoken
about the Bytecode implementation sometime in 2013 (correct me if im
wrong) but that would be great.

Definitely not something that we can do in a 10 minute talk though.